IMPORTANT REMINDER: New Date Added - Testing Requirement Information for Student Residents
September 14, 2020
I am writing to remind you that all current UCI student residents are REQUIRED to have a COVID-19 test. If you are currently occupying your residence on campus, we have appointments available, tomorrow, Tuesday, Sept. 15. You can schedule your appointments the same day.
For those of you who have already taken your test, THANK YOU for helping to maintain the health and wellbeing of the UCI community. For those of you who have already scheduled an appointment, we look forward to seeing you.
To schedule your appointment, please click on the link below:
COVID-19 Testing Basics
What: Tests will be self-administered using a nasal swab, with instructions from an observer.
When: Testing will befrom 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Appointments will be made in 10-minute intervals.
Where: Tests will be administered in two outdoor locations – (1) in Verano Place, behind the housing office, and (2) in Plaza Verde (ACC), in the main courtyard outside the leasing office.
How: To make your testing appointment:
- Login to the Student Health Patient Portal with your UCINetID and password
- Select “Appointments” on the left navigation sidebar
- Select “COVID Mass Testing (On-Campus Residents)” – click “Continue”
- Select your preferred testing location (Verano Place or ACC Plaza Verde) – click “Continue”
- Confirm Your Contact Information (email address; local telephone; local address) – click “Continue”
- Enter Your Callback Number (necessary if SHC needs to contact you regarding the appointment you are scheduling) – click “Continue”
- Schedule Your Appointment. Select an available date and time that works for you. (Please add this appointment time and location to your calendar and set a reminder! With over 3,000 students to test in a short period of time, it will be difficult to reschedule missed appointments.) – click “Continue”
- Confirm your appointment date and time and then click “Schedule”.
- You must click on “Schedule” in order for your appointment to be confirmed.
Results: The results of your COVID-19 test will be available through the Student Health portal within 72 hours (Student Health Patient Portal). Students testing positive for coronavirus will be contacted by Student Health Center with instructions for isolation and treatment.
On the Day of Your Test Appointment
- Do your Daily Symptom Check-In.
- If you are not showing symptoms, we look forward to seeing you at the test collection site.
- If you are showing symptoms, do not go to the test collection site. Please contact your primary care provider and the Student Health Center at 949-824-5301 and follow their instructions.
- Students who arrive at the test collection site with symptoms will not be tested, and will be asked to contact the Student Health Center for instructions (949-824-5301).
- Know where you are going and give yourself enough time to get there.
- Verano Place Housing Office is located at the corner of California Drive and Adobe Circle Road, across from the Anteater Recreation Center (ARC)
- Plaza Verde main courtyard is located on the north side of Arroyo Drive near the intersection with California Drive and across from the Arroyo Vista housing office. Due to limited available parking in the area, residents are encouraged to walk to the testing location from their on-campus residence.
- Plan to arrive at least 5 minutes before your appointment time.
- Remember to bring:
- Face covering (and a spare face covering)
- Your Student ID card and another form of picture ID
Please do not bring any guests with you to your test appointment, unless absolutely necessary.
The entire process should take approximately 15 minutes.
Please watch this brief animated video on the sampling process you will experience.
- Currently, we are testing students only. If you have family members or dependents that want to be tested, please refer to the following county test sites found on this website.
- If you have a disability that prevents you from taking a nasal swab test, please contact the Student Health Center at 949-824-5301.
- You will receive an email reminder 24 hours prior to your appointment. In addition, a text reminder will be sent one hour prior to the appointment IF you have opted in to receiving text messages on the portal.
- We urge you to do your best to keep your appointment. However, if you need to cancel your appointment after it has been confirmed, please return to the “Appointments” page on the portal Student Health Patient Portal; select the appointment that you’d like to cancel; click “Cancel” and then select another appointment date and time as soon as possible.
We look forward to seeing you at our testing locations.
Albert S. Chang, MD, MPH
UCI Student Health Center