Important Housing Updates for October 9th
October 9, 2020
Greetings Graduate and Family Housing Residents!
As we head into the weekend, here are two important reminders:
- Do your part in preventing the spread of COVID virus by following campus directives and Housing Policies, including during the weekend!
- Schedule your next weekly asymptomatic COVID test at one of the campus COVID testing centers—the Bren Events Center, Division of Continuing Education (Yosemite Room), Plaza Verde Courtyard, and Vista del Campo (Community Center). Currently students are being tested every other week and will be notified if testing frequency changes.
While the weekend is a time to relax a little, it is still important to practice the three basics of COVID prevention: Wear a face-covering outside of your room, maintain a physical distance of six feet or more, and wash your hands frequently. Some additional reminders are:
- Complete the Daily Symptom Check - https://students.uci.edu/daily-symptom-check.html.
- Restricted guests or visitors.
No guests are permitted anywhere inside the Graduate and Family campus housing communities unless they are on premises solely to perform an essential function as defined by the State of California essential workforce directive or are minor children/ dependents of a Graduate and Family Housing resident and present for the purposes of childcare. Consistent with guidelines from state, local, University, as well as guidance from public health experts, this policy has been adopted to minimize the risk of COVID-19 transmission. The no guest policy applies to individuals from within your housing community, other campus housing communities, and outside of the University. It extends to your assigned apartment, common areas, bedrooms, and grounds. Each student resident will be responsible for registering their essential worker with the community’s housing office, ensuring their essential worker’s compliance with campus directives and policies (including section B.4.b of the Invited Guests/Visitors executive directive of a daily symptom check), and making every effort to have a stable and limited rotation of caregivers. The student resident must also complete the Daily Symptom Check for themselves and their minor children/dependents prior to allowing the minor children/dependents into another unit for purposes of childcare.
- No in-person gatherings. Residents are not permitted to host gatherings of any kind. Activities sponsored by your housing community will either be online/remote or carefully designed to conform to campus requirements listed in the Chancellor’s Executive Directive, issued on July 21, 2020.
Failure to comply with these requirements will result in disciplinary action. All of the foregoing restrictions and requirements will continue until further notice. Learn more about Student Housing COVID-related Policies and other Student Housing policies is available on the Student Housing Website.
Thank you for caring about the health of the community and for helping move UCI FORWARD.
Tim Trevan, Executive Director
University of California, Irvine