Resources for Students and Housing Interest for Winter
November 16, 2020
Dear UCI Student,
As we head toward the end of the Fall Quarter, we continue to be greatly impressed by your resilience and fortitude in navigating this pandemic while balancing your academic and personal commitments. Our collective sacrifices have allowed us to keep campus COVID-19 positivity rates low as we continue to find ways to support the campus community through programs, resources and activities. In preparation for the upcoming Winter Quarter, we want to remind you of the various resources and support available to you.
Also, we are attempting to gauge your interest to live on campus (residence halls or apartments) for the remainder of the academic year, please indicate your interest HERE so we can send you information.
Resources and Support
- Counseling Center - The Counseling Center is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Appointments are available. Click here to learn about the services offered, or click here to make an appointment now.
- Student Health Center - Students with UCSHIP can access support for health-related needs. Visit their website to make an appointment.
- FRESH Basic Needs Hub - The FRESH Hub is open for weekly food and basic needs distribution.
Visit their website for hours and more information.
- Academic Advising - For questions regarding academic advising, especially your schedule and academic planning, please reach out to your school’s Academic/Student Affairs office. Information on how to contact Academic Advising offices is available on the Learn Anywhere site under the “New Students” tab.
- Student Success Initiatives (SSI) - Student Success Initiatives’ counselors continue to be available by appointment for academic-related issues you may be facing. Contact information is available on their website at ssi.uci.edu.
- Technology Support - Tech Prep holds key campus technology information and resources for students. Learn Anywhere continues to be a key resource to provide guidance for students taking classes in a remote environment.
For additional student support information, visit the Fall 2020 Important Messages for Students page at students.uci.edu/2020-fall-comms.html. Please feel free to contact us at StudentAffairs@uci.edu if we can be of help.
Willie L. Banks Jr., Ph.D.
Vice Chancellor, Student Affairs
Michael Dennin, Ph.D.
Vice Provost and Dean
Office of the Vice Provost for Teaching & Learning