Grad Housing Updates for September 3
September 3, 2021
Dear Graduate and Family Housing Residents:
I am happy to report that almost 95% of Graduate and Family Housing residents are in compliance with the UC COVID-19 Vaccine Policy. Thank you! If you are among the 5% or so who have not yet completed that requirement, please do so by September 6th. Also, now is the time to schedule your asymptomatic COVID-19 test at the UCI Student Center on one of the dates listed below. Thanks in advance for your cooperation. Read on for details and helpful links.
Important Tasks for Graduate and Family Housing Residents
1. UPLOAD your vaccine record to the Student Health Portal by September 6th. If you have only received one vaccine dose or have filed for an exemption/deferral, upload that documentation to remain in compliance.
2. COVID-19 Testing: Students who have already moved into Graduate & Family Housing are required to obtain a COVID-19 test at the UCI Student Center on one of the following dates: Sept 7, 8, 9 10, 13 or 14. Schedule your test on the Student Health Portal. Students who are away from campus during this time need to complete an absence form in Campus Groups and then test within 48 hours of their return to campus. Students moving in after September 14th should schedule a test within 48 hours of their arrival.
3. SEQUESTRATION requirement for unvaccinated students on arrival to campus: Residents who are not fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (including contract holders who do not upload their vaccination record to the UCI Student Health Portal) will be required to:
(1) Test within 48 hours of arrival, and
(2) Sequester for a minimum of 7 days or until they receive 2 negative tests. During sequestration, students and dependents should leave their residences only to participate in essential activities (e.g., to pick up meals or purchase food, participate in low-risk outdoor recreational activities, or obtain health care services).
(3) Unvaccinated students must continue testing weekly and continue to wear face coverings indoors.
Finally, please start responding to the Daily Symptom Check email or install the ‘Now-Mobile’ app on your smartphone. These daily checks will continue throughout the fall quarter and are required for all students regardless of vaccination status.
All COVID-19 cases should be reported to Contact Tracing and Vaccine Navigation Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (949) 824-2300. For more information on the campus response to COVID-19, visit the UCI Forward Website.
Thank you for your efforts to stay healthy and to protect the health of others in our community.
Tim Trevan, Executive Director
If you need assistance or you are having trouble uploading your COVID-19 vaccine record, Contact Tracing and Vaccine Navigation Services (CTVNS) is available to help and can be reached at email@example.com or at 949.824.2300.
To request a medical exemption, religious objection, disability exception, or deferral during pregnancy, please visit this Student Health Center webpage. This page includes step-by-step directions on how to submit your request.
For questions or if you need assistance with finding a COVID-19 vaccine location near you, please call CTVNS at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 949.824.2300.
Thank you for doing your part to keep the campus community safe!