Housing Updates for September 3
September 3, 2021
With move-in right around the corner, please take action, as needed, on the following steps. Keep in mind that students who are not in compliance with the UC COVID-19 Vaccine Policy will not be allowed to move in for fall quarter until they get into compliance.
- Upload your vaccine record to the Student Health Portal by September 6th. Step-by-step instructions are available on how to upload your vaccine documentation, as well as a YouTube video. If you need assistance or want to find out how to get vaccinated, call Contact Tracing and Vaccine Navigation Services at (949) 824-2300 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 vaccines are readily available in the community from pharmacies, clinics and healthcare providers. Additionally, if you are currently in the area, the Student Health Center has vaccines available by appointment. To make a vaccine appointment, call SHC’s appointment line at 949-824-5304. At this time, COVID-19 vaccine appointments are only available by phone. If you start your two dose vaccine series now, due to required spacing of the doses, you will not be able to complete both doses prior to the September 6, 2021 compliance deadline, but please upload your first dose documentation to the Student Health portal. Doing so will satisfy this initial compliance requirement, but to be in full compliance you must upload your second dose documentation as soon as you receive it.
- Start your Daily Symptom Check-ins: Respond to theDaily Symptom Checkemail orinstall the ‘Now-Mobile’ app on your smartphone. These daily checks are required regardless of vaccination status and will continue throughout fall quarter. The Student Health Center will follow-up with students who report symptoms and refer them for COVID-19 testing, if appropriate.
- Review COVID-19 prevention and response protocols before coming to campus! The UCI Forward Website has resources specifically for Students and Families that you should become familiar with before coming to campus. Failure to comply with COVID-19 requirements will result in a loss of privileges including loss of access to the university WiFi system, a registration hold on your records, and a referral for disciplinary action.
Move-in is just two weeks away! Here is some information to help you prepare:
- General move-in information is now available on the Housing Website, including steps to take before you arrive on campus.
- Housing assignments for the residence halls and Arroyo Vista will be emailed to contract holders on September 7-8, but only to students who are in compliance with the UC COVID-19 Vaccine Policy. Housing will check compliance records daily and will release assignments as students become compliant with the policy. Please allow 2 business days to receive your housing assignment after uploading the required documentation to the Student Health Portal.
- Unvaccinated students should prepare themselves for a minimum of a 7-day sequestration (with two negative COVID-19 tests) and weekly asymptomatic testing thereafter.
These protocols are in place to help keep the UCI community safe and healthy. We look forward to welcoming you to campus soon!
Tim Trevan, Executive Director
If you need assistance or you are having trouble uploading your COVID-19 vaccine record, Contact Tracing and Vaccine Navigation Services (CTVNS) is available to help and can be reached at email@example.com or at 949.824.2300.
To request a medical exemption, religious objection, disability exception, or deferral during pregnancy, please visit this Student Health Center webpage. This page includes step-by-step directions on how to submit your request.
For questions or if you need assistance with finding a COVID-19 vaccine location near you, please call CTVNS at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 949.824.2300.
Thank you for doing your part to keep the campus community safe!