Get your COVID-19 booster and upload today if eligible! Deadline is Jan. 31
January 11, 2022
Dear UCI Students,
Thank you to those of you who already uploaded your booster information. You are helping UCI get one step closer to returning to in-person instruction. As a reminder, all eligible students are required to get a booster and upload their information by Jan. 31.
Are you eligible to receive a booster?
You are eligible if:
- It is at least five months past your second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine (before Aug. 31, 2021), or
- If it is at least two months past your Johnson & Johnson vaccine (before Nov. 30, 2021)
Those who become eligible after Jan. 31 must be boosted and upload their documentation no more than 15 days after they are eligible.
If you have already received your COVID-19 booster, upload your record to the UCI Student Health Center Patient Portal.
The University of California policy on COVID-19 vaccinations applies to all students. If you received a COVID vaccine series outside of the US, and it was not one of the FDA approved vaccines, this does NOT COUNT as a booster. You must receive an FDA approved mRNA vaccine (Pfizer/Moderna) 6-months after you completed your international series to be compliant with the University Policy.
There are four scenarios for booster exceptions:
- If you have an existing medical, disability or religious exception
- If you have an existing pregnancy deferral or other time-limited exception
- If you were previously denied an exception
- If you want an exception to this booster based on medical, disability or religious exception
Please visit this link for details on each scenario.
Get a booster
Vaccination boosters are available through your healthcare provider, clinics and neighborhood pharmacies. Californians can visit MyTurn.ca.gov or call 833-422-4255 to make an appointment or find a walk-in vaccine clinic near you. The Student Health Center has a limited number of boosters. You can make an appointment for your booster by calling the Student Health Center appointment line at 949-824-5304. Online scheduling via the portal for COVID vaccines/boosters is currently unavailable.
Have a question about boosters? Visit our FAQ page.
Willie L. Banks Jr., Ph.D.
Vice Chancellor, Student Affairs
Albert Chang, M.D., M.P.H.
Medical Director, Student Health Center