Housing Updates for January 28
January 28, 2022
Dear Housing Residents:
Monday January 31 marks the date of return to in-person instruction and the deadline for uploading documentation of your COVID-19 booster to the Student Health Portal (unless you have an approved vaccine exception or submit an exception request to the booster). Compliance with the booster requirement is important both for your own health and to minimize transmission of the Omicron variant on campus. You can find more information on the booster requirement on the UCI Forward site. As noted in the Provost’s Jan. 21 announcement regarding the return to in-person instruction, since the winter quarter began, we have used this time to extensively test our population and assess our environment. We have seen a recent decline in the Omicron surge, in both case counts and positivity rate, and the models predict that this will continue.
Residents who have yet to return to their on-campus residence must follow the “Test and Sequester” requirements spelled out in previous campus messaging and summarized below.
Return to Campus Procedures – Winter 2022
- Before your return to campus, complete a COVID-19 test no more than 72 hours prior to your return date. Testing may be available at pharmacies either in-person or take home. If you test positive, please do not return to campus until you have met criteria to exit isolation as found on the UCI Forward Isolation and Quarantine page.
- When you return to campus, follow ‘Test and Sequester’ procedures:
- On your day of return, test using a campus-supplied antigen home test kit available for pick up at your community housing office. If a kit is not available, test at a campus testing site.
- If your initial COVID-19 test is negative, sequester for seven days, or until you obtain a second negative test five days after your first test. During sequester, leave your residence only for essential activities – such as class, work, food pick-up, medical care, or to participate in low-risk outdoor recreation. Avoid large gatherings, such as athletic events, movie theaters, or indoor concerts.
- Once you resume your normal activities, continue to follow all COVID-19 prevention guidelines.
- Please Note: KN95 and surgical masks are available for pick-up at your community housing office. Masks are also available at The Anteatery and Brandywine for Residence Hall residents
The UCI Forward website continues to be the best source of information on COVID-19 and the campus response.
Good luck with winter quarter and Welcome Back!